Saturday, August 21, 2010

SCHOOL DAYS

When I picked Nora up on Wednesday she started to cry. I felt so bad. Ms. Jackie said she had been fine all morning until I got there. She said one little boy had cried all morning non-stop and that could be why Nora had cried. Then on Friday Nora saw me before I got to the door. When I opened the door Nora rushed to me and said "Mama I have a new best friend.". I asked the name of her new best friend and she said something that sounded like Sophie. Ms. Jackie said it's Zoe. Zoe is a cute blond girl that's heavier than Nora. We saw her at the open house last week but she wouldn't look at anyone and had her face hid on her mother's shoulder. Nora introduced me to Zoe and Zoe looked very happy to have a best friend. It still may take Nora a little while to get used to being away from home for four hours without Mom but we'll get there. I think things went very well this week. On Friday I was given the yellow hand Nora made on Monday. It is a keepsake from her first day at school and we will be given things throughout the year so we can look back and see how much Nora has grown and see the improvements she has made. She brings something home everyday she is there but special things will be made every once in a while. The yellow hand with a heart in the palm is on white paper and has a yellow mat around the edges. I should have taken a picture for the blog but I didn't think of it until now.

2 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Awwww....it is much harder on them when others are upset in the classroom. It is almost like a reminder that there Mom is not there. So happy she has made a friend already!!! You will have to get a big plastic crate to put all of her treasures in from preschool....how exciting...love you all!

Falaxy said...

awww : ( i'm sure i'll be nervous and heartbroken when my daughter starts school next year : (
*sigh*
i hope i wont miss her too much!