Tuesday, August 17, 2010

NORA'S FIRST DAY AT SCHOOL

Nora started preschool yesterday. She had been very excited about going to school but when we got her up she had changed her mind about going to school and decided she wasn't going to go. We had breakfast and talked about what the day would be like and decided that going to school would be the best option for the day. Anyway, we went to KindleLight and Nora was very quiet. Her teacher wasn't there yet and she and the children from her class waited in the neighboring classroom for the first few minutes. While there Nora colored a beautiful green frog. I waited in the hall and watched through a window. Nora continued to look to the window to see if I was still there. When Nora's teacher arrived she took her students to their classroom. While they were changing rooms I told Nora I was going to leave and she said "and you'll be right back". I told her I would be back to take her to lunch and then we would go home. She was O.K. with that.
When I went back to pick her up they were having story time. I waited in the hall and watched. Nora was enjoying the story. They were almost finished when Nora noticed I was at the window. She stood up and started jumping up and down then she would sit back down and just couldn't contain herself and would start jumping again. I think the first day was harder on me than it was on her. She had a great time and wants to go back. She will only go three half days a week. I was so happy that we didn't have any tears. This was Nora's first time away from us except for staying with Aunt Angie. Nora was such a big girl and we are very proud of her.










I almost forgot to mention that Nora was very excited about painting her hand at preschool. She said she painted her hand yellow and put it on a piece of paper. She thought that was great.



1 comment:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh Nora....I am so proud of you!!!! (I'm proud of you too Pam!)

Oh I am so thankful that she had a good time and I could just feel her excitement when she saw that you returned.....God is good:)