Friday, September 11, 2009

DANCE

Nora started ballet and tap classes yesterday. She loved the dancing but was much more interested in talking with the other students. There are eight little girls in the class right now and the instructor would leave the group at one end and dance with each student to the other end of the room. The girls were supposed to sit and wait their turn. Nora had a hard time waiting. She would either get up and start dancing too soon or she would be laying in the floor or talking to anyone that would listen. It was so funny. I couldn't hear what was being said because I was looking through a glass window (Nora couldn't see me)but several time the instructor had her attention and was pointing to the floor so I know she was asked to sit down. I was very surprised when the class started. The instructor came and told the waiting girls to come in and Nora took off running through the door and never looked back. I was afraid she would be a little upset when she saw that I wasn't going to be inside with her but it didn't bother her one bit. She got a sticker at the end of class and she showed it to Del and I all night last night. I can't believe this is the same child that has been so afraid of being away from me. She is so comfortable now it's truly a miracle. God has blessed us so much in the last few months and to think we were afraid Nora would experience a setback when we moved. The move was the best thing that could have happened to her.

We now have two more little girls at church and have started a new Sunday school class. Nora is loving that also. I am teaching that class right now because there isn't anyone else to do it. I found the best material for small children. It's the whole bible in coloring pages with a bible story on the back. I print them on card stock so the kids can keep them. The book I'm using is called "Really Big Book of Bible Story Coloring Pages". I hope the children will keep the pages. It starts with Genesis and goes right through to Revelation. The stories are perfectly written for small children.











3 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh I am in tears....I am amazed at how God has answered our prayers for Nora. She has changed so much...she is darling in her dance outfit. I won't be able to show Lottie because she is DYING to have some ballet shoes! lol

thechapmanfamily said...

She looks sooo cute! I love to see how all the girls are growing!
She is becoming such a lovely little girl. She was a lovely tot too!!!

Miss you guys.

Rebecca said...

What a little sweetheart!!!! That's so exciting...much more so than soccer...LOL Anyway, I'm glad she's like dance class! We miss you guys!!