Monday, December 25, 2006

MORE CHRISTMAS DAY

WOW, what a Christmas morning. Last night, Pam and I played with Nora on the floor with her toys to the sounds of Christmas music played over the internet on our lap top. I then read the Christmas story from the bible and then we watched some fireworks being shot off by the public. At 9:00 p.m., we fed Nora and then all of us went to bed. At 12:10 a.m., I was awaken abruptly from a sound sleep by a sound that I can only describe as the opening seen from the movie Saving Private Ryan. The sound was that loud and intense. I ran to the window to witness the largest fireworks display I have ever seen. We are on the 11th floor of the hotel and the entire 180 degree view was the large major fireworks going off across the entire city sky line with smaller fireworks going off amongst them. The fireworks intensity lasted for 15 minutes and finally subsided enough for Pam and I to go back to sleep around 12:50 a.m.. The smoke from the fireworks was a like a large fog bank engulfing the city. It was unbelievable. I'll never forget this moment. Nora slept through the whole thing. I like how Guatemala celebrates Jesus birthday. I am starting this tradition in Texas. Here are some videos from this morning:


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

No comments: