Tuesday, June 06, 2006

June 6, 2006

THE GUATEMALAN STORK IS HERE!

I received a phone call this evening about 5:00 o'clock. Maria from A Helping Hand said "The Guatemalan stork is here". I replied "You must be joking. I thought is was supposed to be two months". She said there should be pictures coming via e-mail because she was sending them as we spoke. I pulled up my e-mail and there were two pictures of a beautiful baby girl. I was so excited my hands were shaking.

I couldn't get in touch with Del because he was coming home from west Texas. It took me over an hour to get in touch with him because his cell phone wasn't getting a signal. When he finally called I told him we had a referral and he said "When do we get pictures". I told him we had pictures and they were waiting for him when he got home. He arrived home at 6:20 and we left for church at 6:30. As we drove to church Del kept saying hold that picture up so I can see it again. I've never seen him so happy.

By then we had been information that she weighed 6 pounds and 6 ounces, was 17.28 inches long, had a head circumference of 13.11 inches and was perfectly healthy. She was born on May 20, 2006 in Guatemala City, Guatemala. We were asked to name her right away so the foster mother could begin using the name. We named her Nora Glenys McCabe. Maria did not yet have her leagal name, so we were unable to to use part of her birth name in the name we gave her.

We were late arriving to church and Del walked to the front and gave our pastor a picture of Nora. He asked "What's this?" Del replied "My daughter". The picture was passed arround and Greg siad a special prayer on Nora's behalf.

When we returned home we started calling family. Our parents were the first people we called and then the phone started ringing with everyone else calling. Everyone else was almost as excited as we were.

No comments: