Sunday, March 29, 2009

MOVING DAY

We finally have a moving day. The house should be finished this coming week. All the work should be done by Wednesday and we will be moving the week after Easter. Our move in day is April 16th. It will take two days to pack, one to load and two to unload. The thing I like least about moving is packing. Having people come into our home and put everything in boxes is stressful. We have moved several times in the last 25 years and though I don't mind moving I still don't like the turmoil that comes with packing. I don't mind unpacking. I can only hope Nora doesn't mind seeing things packed or unpacked.

Nora is very excited about the new house. We have talked about moving all our things to the new house but I'm not sure she understands it all. She knows our beds, chairs, tables, television, toys and refrigerator (a very important item to Nora) will be going to the new house so we can stay there. She also knows her backyard play set will be moved to the new backyard. I'm not sure how she will feel about seeing the old house empty. I guess we will soon find out.

4 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

She will do great...she will have all of her things but most especially her Mommy and Daddy.

Diane said...

Moving is such a pain, but it will all be worth it in the end. I bet Nora is going to be so excited about her new house.

Rebecca said...

Oh wow! I can't believe you'll be moving in another week!!!! I bet Nora is very excited!!! I can't wait to see pics of the inside of the house! We'll be checking back for updates!!

Give Nora kisses and hugs from Zachary!!

Love, Rebecca

thechapmanfamily said...

Sounds exciting!

miss you guys.